Brought to you by New Zealand Police
- Man appears in court in relation to Linwood assault 12 May 2022Location: Canterbury A man arrested after an assault in Linwood has been remanded in custody. The 31-year-old is charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, following an incident on Worcester Street late last night. One person was hospitalised with serious injuries. The accused is due to reappear in Christchurch District Court on June 1 […]
- Name release - SH 10, Lewis Pass crash 06 May 2022Location: Canterbury Police can now name the person who died in a crash on State Highway 10, Lewis Pass on 12 April. He was Brian William Carpenter, aged 56, of Rangiora. Police extend their condolences to his family and friends. Enquiries into the circumstances of the crash are ongoing. ENDS Issued by Police Media Centre.
- Name release - Tai Tapu incident 06 May 2022Location: Canterbury Police can now release the name of the man who died following an incident in Tai Tapu on 22 April. He was Ralph Edwin Ogg, 71, of Tai Tapu. ENDS Issued by Police Media Centre.
- Police accept IPCA findings on use of force during Christchurch arrest 02 May 2022Location: Canterbury Police accept the IPCA’s finding that an officer from the Canterbury District in Christchurch was justified in using force against a youth, referred to in the report as Mr Z, during his arrest. On 7 November 2020 two officers attended a family harm incident between Mr Z and his former partner. One officer enacted the arrest, while a seco […]
- 6-year-old located, Christchurch 01 May 2022Location: Canterbury The 6-year-old boy who was reported missing in Bexley has been located safe and well. Police wish to thank people who reported sightings of the boy. ENDS Issued by Police Media Centre
- Sudden death, Lyttelton 25 Apr 2022Location: Canterbury Police can confirm that one person has died following an incident in Lyttelton this morning. Emergency services were called to a vessel at Cashin Quay, shortly before 9.30am. Maritime New Zealand has been notified. Police will conduct enquiries in relation to the death on behalf of the Coroner, who will release their finding in due cours […]